Identify deficiencies that may impact IEQ and/or sources of odor concerns. Typically includes the following depending on the nature of concern, but not limited to:
- interview/questionnaire of concern individual(s)
- inspection above drop ceiling (condition of roof deck, pipe insulation, return air plenum)
- inspection of ventilation system (operation of variable air volume box and outdoor air dampers, check controls, measurements of carbon dioxide, temperature and relative humidity, sources near outdoor air intake, measure return and supply air volume, cleanliness of coils, liner and condensate pan)
- inspection of exterior
- inspection below drop ceiling (housekeeping, sink and floor drain traps, signs of past and present moisture concern via visual and/or moisture meter, mold growth, ensure connection of current and capping of abandoned sanitary vents, odorizers, excessive plants and fabric items, identify potential pathways, and measure volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, and lighting)
Date of Assessment: June 23, 2020
Black staining was observed on the north wall of the concession stand. No staining was observed on the remaining three walls.
Several trash cans are stored along the north wall.
Building Services (Plumbing) indicated a domestic water line supplies the concession stand. The concession stand does not contain a sanitary line for discharge. Given the location of the concession stand's sink, it is unlikely that the domestic water line is located within the north wall.
Several refrigerators are stored along the north wall within the concession stand. No leaks were observed.
No delaminating paint (indicative of moisture intrusion) was observed on the interior block wall.
The block wall was scanned with a thermal infrared camera. No thermal anomalies indicative of moisture intrusion were identified.
No mold growth was observed on the interior of the wall.
The following factors may be contributing to the staining/algae/lichens/fungus/etc.:
- The exterior wall is north facing.
- The roof of the concession stand shades the area in question.
- Splashing of liquids and organic matter onto the wall from not making it into the trash can.
The staining on the exterior of the concession stand does not represent an IEQ Concern. No further action is required.