1. There is a line of ceiling tile water staining on the left side of the music hallway as you walk towards the exit doors.
2. Parallel to a set of JRT stage doors, and next to a sprinkler, there is a spot that is discolored (dark green/black) and appears to be a possible indicator of water leakage/mold.
3. In the dance room, the air vents (specifically the intake and returns) are very dusty and in need of cleaning.
Identify deficiencies that may impact IEQ and/or sources of odor concerns. Typically includes the following depending on the nature of concern, but not limited to:
- interview/questionnaire of concern individual(s)
- inspection above drop ceiling (condition of roof deck, pipe insulation, return air plenum)
- inspection of ventilation system (operation of variable air volume box and outdoor air dampers, check controls, measurements of carbon dioxide, temperature and relative humidity, sources near outdoor air intake, measure return and supply air volume, cleanliness of coils, liner and condensate pan)
- inspection of exterior
- inspection below drop ceiling (housekeeping, sink and floor drain traps, signs of past and present moisture concern via visual and/or moisture meter, mold growth, ensure connection of current and capping of abandoned sanitary vents, odorizers, excessive plants and fabric items, identify potential pathways, and measure volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, and lighting)
Date of Investigation: August 30, 2018
These items do not require an IEQ investigation by the Office of Environment.
School administration is to submit a work order for Custodial Services High Cleaning Crew to schedule cleaning of the supply air diffusers and return air grilles.
School administration is to submit a work order to Building Services to identify source of stained ceiling tiles, correct source,and replace damaged ceiling tiles after source is corrected.