Identify deficiencies that may impact IEQ and/or sources of odor concerns. Typically includes the following depending on the nature of concern, but not limited to:
- interview/questionnaire of concern individual(s)
- inspection above drop ceiling (condition of roof deck, pipe insulation, return air plenum)
- inspection of ventilation system (operation of variable air volume box and outdoor air dampers, check controls, measurements of carbon dioxide, temperature and relative humidity, sources near outdoor air intake, measure return and supply air volume, cleanliness of coils, liner and condensate pan)
- inspection of exterior
- inspection below drop ceiling (housekeeping, sink and floor drain traps, signs of past and present moisture concern via visual and/or moisture meter, mold growth, ensure connection of current and capping of abandoned sanitary vents, odorizers, excessive plants and fabric items, identify potential pathways, and measure volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, and lighting)
No mold growth or odors were observed.
The carpet was wet. Custodial placed fans to dry the carpet.
The cove base was delaminating from the wall, indicating moisture may be infiltrating.
The exterior wall in close proximity to the leak was assessed. The grading appeared to slope towards the building.
Building Services assessed and is addressing the following:
- Insulation of several window units due to bad seals.
- Windows will be sealed.
- The perimeters of the exterior walls will be sealed.